Horrific Abortionist Organization selling babies, page-253

1. 11,910 Posts.
    Jews that had returned from a 70 year exile in Babylon.Within a hundred years, however, Israel was again drifting into apostasy and wickedness. The people were dishonoring Jehovah’s name, ignoring his righteous laws, and polluting his temple by bringing blind, lame, and sick animals for sacrifice. They were divorcing the wives of their youth so that they could marry foreign women.—Malachi 1:6-8; 2:13-16.
    It was with this background the appeal was made:
    "Bring the entire tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house; and test me out, please, in this regard,” Jehovah of armies says, “to see whether I will not open to you the floodgates of the heavens and pour out on you a blessing until there is nothing lacking.” -Malachi 3:10.
    What sort of "blessing" could they expect?
    (Malachi 3:11, 12) “And I will rebuke the devouring one for you, and it will not ruin the fruit of your land, nor will the vine in your field be fruitless,” says Jehovah of armies. “All the nations will have to declare you happy, for you will become a land of delight,” says Jehovah of armies.
    What significance does it have for our Day? There is a general principle that always applies, 'Obedience to Jehovah's requirements are certain to be rewarded.' - Hebrews 11:6. I am not aware of it having a more specific application.
    In this way it differs from earlier verses that were given prophetic significance in the Scriptures.
    eg.
    Malachi 3:1 was given prophetic application by Jesus as being fulfilled in John the Baptist.
    (Matthew 11:10) This is the one about whom it is written: ‘Look! I am sending my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way ahead of you!’

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.