Horror stabbing in the UK, page-309

1. 87,147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    thank you.

If you are interested in this kind of stuff, there are a couple of things to think about and there are some interesting areas of events recent and continual discoveries.

One thing to think about is ----------- we survived the ice age.

Now in many areas - that was not beer and skittles - outside the cave - there was a lot of snow and ice - there was no vegetation that humans could easily or at all get to --------- there was running water in the caves - and all they ate - they had to kill.

That means that we were much of the year (and possibly for years) - carnivorous. A good example of that one can see in the caves at
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...4d3.766138!16s/g/12276xdj?hl=en&entry=ttu

This site has been continuously used by hominids for almost 2 million years and of course that includes the 200,000 years of modern humans.

It is a site well worth visiting - you 'really' get the feel of what it was like. When there - think about the ice age. Also, these particular caves are excellent examples of habitation caves and the 'lie' of the land.

There is little that I know of evidence of violence between hominids there. Also if you visit Lascaux - one thing that is noted is that the cave there was a cave where humans did their art - and they did it for hundreds of years - with generation after generation adding to previous art - the cave was never lived in, it was a place of art - but, no evidence of violence at all.

There are of course many sites with bashed in heads and spears stuck in people etc - but, in the main - after we got all serious in the agricultural game etc..

An event, I'm sorry that I can't recall the journey or provide a link - I have months ago, you might find it by searching - but, a guy did a trip and only finished months ago - somewhere cold - apologies, my memory usually pulls the details up.

Anyway - the point was that the guy ate what he found - it was a coastal voyage I think ---------- and basically - he had a similar thing to the ice age people and Icelandic people - he ate meat or animal product - he just didn't have access to anything else and he remained very healthy. A porpoise swime past - a lettuce does not.

It's also worth thinking through that when humans or other species decided to eat bigger things -- like Bison and similar ---------- they HAD to cooperate.
    You as an individual just cannot go out and poke a spear in a Bison's arse and it lies on it's side and becomes a big T Bone - nope, you need organisation there, and language etc
    but, they didn't have organised war - they had organised bbq's

worth thinking about when you're overlooking old habitation sites.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.