thank you. If you are interested in this kind of stuff, there...

1. 85,019 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    thank you.

If you are interested in this kind of stuff, there are a couple of things to think about and there are some interesting areas of events recent and continual discoveries.

One thing to think about is ----------- we survived the ice age.

Now in many areas - that was not beer and skittles - outside the cave - there was a lot of snow and ice - there was no vegetation that humans could easily or at all get to --------- there was running water in the caves - and all they ate - they had to kill.

That means that we were much of the year (and possibly for years) - carnivorous. A good example of that one can see in the caves at
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...4d3.766138!16s/g/12276xdj?hl=en&entry=ttu

This site has been continuously used by hominids for almost 2 million years and of course that includes the 200,000 years of modern humans.

It is a site well worth visiting - you 'really' get the feel of what it was like. When there - think about the ice age. Also, these particular caves are excellent examples of habitation caves and the 'lie' of the land.

There is little that I know of evidence of violence between hominids there. Also if you visit Lascaux - one thing that is noted is that the cave there was a cave where humans did their art - and they did it for hundreds of years - with generation after generation adding to previous art - the cave was never lived in, it was a place of art - but, no evidence of violence at all.

There are of course many sites with bashed in heads and spears stuck in people etc - but, in the main - after we got all serious in the agricultural game etc..

An event, I'm sorry that I can't recall the journey or provide a link - I have months ago, you might find it by searching - but, a guy did a trip and only finished months ago - somewhere cold - apologies, my memory usually pulls the details up.

Anyway - the point was that the guy ate what he found - it was a coastal voyage I think ---------- and basically - he had a similar thing to the ice age people and Icelandic people - he ate meat or animal product - he just didn't have access to anything else and he remained very healthy. A porpoise swime past - a lettuce does not.

It's also worth thinking through that when humans or other species decided to eat bigger things -- like Bison and similar ---------- they HAD to cooperate.
    You as an individual just cannot go out and poke a spear in a Bison's arse and it lies on it's side and becomes a big T Bone - nope, you need organisation there, and language etc
    but, they didn't have organised war - they had organised bbq's

worth thinking about when you're overlooking old habitation sites.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.