VCR ventracor limited

hospital deals with medical giants , page-2

1. 262 Posts.
    Interesting article. Biassed of course, but then again what media article isn't? Doctor-bashing seems to be in vogue of late - actually in this current political environment, bashing of all high achievers seems to be in vogue.(but that's another story)
    I'm sure there are some sugeons out there who engage in dodgy practices with companies(moreso in america) but i think you'll find that most ortho surgeons are ethical and really do want the best for their patients. Certainly most do have a preference, and they build up trust in certain companies over the years, I think you'll find most use a certain company based on the results they get e.g. ease of implant, device durability, infection rates, pain etc. Doctors' reputations are important to them, that's how they get referrals and retain patients. You won't find them using rubbish too often. No offence, but Turkish components? He was always going to have a hard time selling that. They may be cheaper, and have TGA approval, but I don't see the article giving any data on quality, they could turn out more expensive if there is a high failure rate. And why shouldn't the surgeons in the public hospital have a say in what company's implants to use, they are the ones that have to use them. Officialdom has nfi about that sort of stuff, usually looking to balance the budget (or their own personal budget as in that article) at the expense of good patient care.
    I think it is important for Ventracor to get their results out there and establish relationships with surgeons. Have some faith that most doctors do want the best for their patients, but also know that it is often hard to break their trust in a certain company if they are getting good results(e.g. thoratec). The trouble is that there may soon be even better devices out there. VCR will have to work hard to retain their surgeons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.