TLS 0.28% $3.61 telstra group limited

The point that for me best encapsulates the nbn fiasco is the...

1. 157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    The point that for me best encapsulates the nbn fiasco is the analogy that conroy continues to use to support his "vision" of the nbn to the home.

The analogy he continues to quote is that the nbn of today is like electricity of many years ago. He states that the first power lines were the precursor for new technologies.

The analogy isn't even poor nor shallow it is wrong. Supply of power is a binary event, either you have it or you don't. Once you have it then should your demands require more of it you pay to increase your supply requirements.

Everyone (or almost) already has access to broadband, so the electricity analogy is redundant. Should (or more definitely when) demand requires more and faster access then it will be developed. In some places it is already there and it exceeds the current demand requirements.

For mine, the scary thing is that the use of this analogy illustrates the poor critical analysis behind the current proposal. It is entirely political - shrill, headline grabbing. And the only remedy, as we are now seeing, is exposure to the disinfectant that is daylight.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.61
Change
0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $41.71B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.63 $3.60 $129.9M 36.03M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 44525 $3.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.62 701203 30
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.