XTL 0.58% 4,561.9 s&p/asx 20

Hi @Jako8557,I get an enormous amount from your bar-by-bar...

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 491
    Hi @Jako8557,

I get an enormous amount from your bar-by-bar analysis, explanations and now your videos- thanks again- you keep posting them and I'll keep reading them!! I've adopted some of your terminology like "buy the offer" (hope it's not trademarked) and especially like the way you explain price and volume in context with the background to interpret current action. I was hoping you could run your eye over the below CLV chart (disclosure not held) that I've been watching for a couple of weeks but got myself a bit confused on what's happening over the last week.

I've marked up the chart with some comments that show my thought process, but here's the question:

CLV is in a clear uptrend since breaking out in early Feb but price has rounded off after failing to break the last recent high. Last Monday 13th I was thinking after a narrow spread down bar on increased volume that here we go for another move up soon, but it turned back down at the $2.44 pivot- and without showing the same kind of "effort" as previous moves up.

So I started thinking- perhaps there is a bit more supply to be cleaned up before larger players are ready to support another move? Maybe they are stepping back and letting price "fall under its own weight" and collecting more in a sort of re-accumulation phase?

Then I started thinking - maybe this is potentially distribution where the buying coming in is actually just propping up a range to offload a large position? Volume is still dropping back as the price moves down so there doesn't appear (yet) to be the intent for a downwards break.

Then I started thinking- I'm thinking too much! confused.png

Is there something here that I'm reading wrong or not seeing that makes it clearer as to what is potentially happening- or a higher probability at least? Or maybe this is a case of wait and see for more to play out and I'm just being a bit impatient in my analysis?

Thanks, Rooster smile.png

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1565/1565695-74a3e11f6dbcc291ffa6758111892329.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XTL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.