XJO 1.19% 7,831.8 s&p/asx 200

hot copper, page-70

1. 56,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 257
    I think someone has to step up to the plate and state T/A is being sold heavily in recent years to retailers via books, CDs, trading platforms and your typical Gold Coast types. The marketing is very slick and they'll take your money very easily, along with the market.

The heavy marketing of high risk vehicles like currency/indice trading, FOREX and CFDS are also beginning to saturate the retail market - IMO, we'll hear more of this in the years to come in terms of ethics and perhaps, even legalities. For me it's akin to the ever-growing monthly research papers/reports, blogs, forums & the myriad of info-sites spruicking how easy profits can be made by following a simple set of rules. Some are verging on a parody of the "Real Estate made Simple" market.

Most of this is due to the fact that anyone can open up an on-line trading account and invest $500 or more by pressing a button. The number of people that should not be investing have probably quarupled in the last five years through false promises, marketing and greed.

PERSON213 is no orphan and in the main, I'd suggest many have lost a lot more cash by borrowing money to day trade. Given that 95% of day traders lose money and even lose their entire capital endeavouring to reclaim their losses, why bother even trying.

Far more money is profited by investors who get in cheap, remain active yet wait for the business plan to evolve and play out, or by those who seed a company. This is not disputable. Investors compound their profits, whilst the 5% of daytraders who are successful, tend to strip any eventuality of decent profit margins by over-trading whilst also throwing fees at their brokers. 2009/2010 was a case in point - the opportunity cost was enormous.

The simply suidical fact that so few are successful still doesn't stop the momentum monkeys from still packing in. New tribes are coming in very 6 months and in the main, are completely unaware of the risk. Without experience in the markets, the huge majority of day traders will lose money and will forever and a day in a world where stop losses only occur to prevent many from losing their capital too quickly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.