NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

hot hot hot, page-19

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Blackcop,
    I dont think that I would necessarily connect a tragic incident that you mention ...to the DMR action at Smokey Hills.
    SA has a lot of this type of incident...there were quite a few articles re violent attacks in the area and for quite different reasons, at that time.

The article below suggests to me some reasons for DMR actions related to "Social and Labour Plan, including its Local Economic Development Projects and Human Resources Development".
    7th July 2011

http://www.thenewage.co.za/22434-1024-53-Mine_firms_fail_towns

and the last part goes on to add.........
    "While driving around in both Eesterguluk and Maandagshoek villages, some houses were spotted with what looks like multiple-backyard rooms build with the intention of attracting mineworkers who do not have places to live. Most houses in these villages have cracks which, according to Teddy Thubakgale, who is a community leader, were caused by mining blasts. Some communities were relocated to allow mining activities to take place.

John Capel, executive director of The Benchmarks Foundation, an organisation that sets out to examine the relationship between corporations and society, said for mining houses to be truly responsible they needed to address their social, labour and economic impacts in a sustainable, life-giving manner.

?This requires a response that goes beyond reporting, to one that addresses the development of livelihoods.

?On black economic empowerment, communities are crying out for a share but are sidelined by the emergence of juniors in the mining industry, who often reap all the benefits,? he said.

Capel said this happened at the expense of the community."ends
    7th July 2011

http://www.thenewage.co.za/22434-1024-53-Mine_firms_fail_towns

The farm?/village? names mentioned here are familiar? E and M. Smokey Hills has been written up as close to M.
    I am not sure on locations and so

Cfletch you said...
    "I have read the PLA announcement

Can you explain just how it relates to NKP

My impression is that the DMR is helping rather than hindering NKP"

This article mentions E village? in the same page as obvious "Social and Labour Plan, including its Local Economic Development Projects and Human Resources Development" GRIEVANCES are being expressed.
    I am taking that on board.
    I would expect MM to be all over this as his inerview asserted.
    BUT
    How can mines employ perhaps non skilled aggrieved locals ?

"Benchmarks Foundation" also sounds familiar but I cant get into youtube where I think I have seen it.
    Have to wait on that.

I do agree with cfletch..DMR do seem to be trying to help but must be also be trying to help everyone 'equally'...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.