EOS 6.01% $1.68 electro optic systems holdings limited

and @Aqua65War is a complex beast, and when you're talking the...

1. 914 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    and @Aqua65

War is a complex beast, and when you're talking the Middle East, the complexity has a multiplier effect. The West needs allies there, and most are imperfect at best.

The US has suspended arms sales to the UAE and the Saudis, in an attempt to bring peace back to the table.

https://www.ft.com/content/b592364d-080e-4e30-a3dd-5910c0a12146

The UK has not followed suit, nor has Australia. Are there robust ethical/human rights mechanisms in place to try and prevent the use of exported arms in the Yemeni conflict? Yes. Is this statement from EOS on the 26 July 2019 a guarantee? No. I think it's simply a release to appease uneasy SHs.

There's really no such thing as a truly ethical stock, but some are more ethical than others. War profiteering has become normalised, but killing of innocent civilians never will be in a civilised world. Ultimately, we all draw the line somewhere - and EOS' arms exports I feel has seen some form of deployment in the Yemeni conflict. Why would our Gulf allies spend billions on world class equipment and withhold use in such a significant regional conflict?

A stain on an otherwise incredible company, with an enviable addressable market in space and communications, EOS will no doubt further mankind with their world class tech in the coming years. The long term outlook is strong, but I won't be part of the journey.

Best of luck to all holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.68
Change
0.095(6.01%)
Mkt cap ! $323.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.62 $1.70 $1.61 $1.021M 613.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2335 $1.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 1784 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EOS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.