EOS 5.11% $1.44 electro optic systems holdings limited

the Labor Party has pledged more defence spending not less....

1. 2,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 346

the Labor Party has pledged more defence spending not less. Could just be posturing but its not official Labor policy yet. And Labor hasnt said anything about cancelling Land 400 Phase 3. If both Germany and Korea are pledging signficant (in the tens of billions) of purchases from Australian manufacturing plants and guarantee high tech manufacturing jobs in marginal seats then I would think the multiplier effects from the spend would be signficant and more than just buying stuff for the Army. Hanwha released modelling showing the economic benefits of a Redback win. Nevermind the strategic impacts of increasing ties to Korea as well as defence spending requirments under AUKUS.

Also, comparing ancient Russian troop carriers in a theatre of war without air cover and lined up like ducks on major roads doesnt seem to be fair. In some ways, having the Iron First APS systems to protect troop carriers seems even more important now post Ukraine not less. As well as CUAS systems and the need for real time communication and threat detection and a connected fighting force which are all areas EOS plays in. Im not sure its better to send our troops to war in M113s from the Vietnam War but I would suggest Russian troops are using equipment not that much more sophsiticated.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EOS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.