CBR 0.00% 13.5¢ carbon revolution limited

The Dymag wheel is just an interim solution to join the party;...

1. 325 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    The Dymag wheel is just an interim solution to join the party; 50% metal and 50% carbon fiber will never be as light as 100% carbon fiber. Metal wheel companies trying to transition to carbon fiber wheels will find it very tough, as there is nothing in common between the manufacturing process of casting/forging metal, versus laying and curing CF.

Something that (as a CBR holder) recently brought me much joy, was to learn that Porsche's much celebrated CF wheel, is not 100% CF, far from it. It still has slim metal spokes hidden inside/behind the CF. They appear to have gone to great lengths to hide this fact. I'll see if I can find the article where I read it. I am also struggling to find a photograph taken from the back of the Porsche wheel..

The more research I do the more I am convinced CBR has a very clear and strong first-mover advantage. The others will be playing catch-up for years while CBR will be mass-producing. Better still, Thyssenkrupp, Dymag and Forgeline have seemingly gone all-in with 2-piece metal spokes and CF tubs as a way forward.

I'll give it 1 hour before dumb and/or dumber tell us that ESE Carbon are lightyears ahead of CBR and have a secret handshake deal with Elon himself to supply every Tesla going forward.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.