Hotcopper heading for oblivion, page-4

1. 5,822 Posts.
    re: Hotcopper needs a new paradym ... for the disg Hmmm... for those who know the history ... HC is lucky to be alive at all ... the financial backers/advertisers took on a basket case and Pat operates with a shoestring budget ...

The old software required three plus programmers fulltime to maintain which is beyond budget constraints.

HC's will remember I lobbied Pat for STP format and suggested the possibility of tweaking his equity cafe software as a free-standing alternative ... Pat was able to achieve this and a solution to the moderation/programming costs ...

We asked and have STP and I know everyone appreciates this and simply the fact that we have a forum at all ...

Pat has indicated to HC's he is working on the Search function ... so let's show our appreciation by being patient ...

As for why technical contributions are few and far between ... it has little to do with the Search function ... it is simply that senior HC's cannot be bothered putting in the time required for contributions anymore due to the incessant personal criticism/abuse that invariably follows every post...

If GP's XGP index indicates an upward trend and Nickoo feels the sky is falling ... you can bet on one thing ... the UGLY MOB will DINE on one OR the other ... it is as simple as that...

Sadly, HC has reached the point where any view contrary to that of the UGLY MOB will succeed only in a mauling.

Hyper-criticism (the technical name) is a symptom of a very nasty little neurosis ... kiddies ...

We are walking a precarious tight-rope and if we simply take HC existence for granted we might well wake up one day to news our backers have pulled the pin ... and I wouldn't blame them.

Let's wake up sooner (now might be nice) rather than later ...

Instead of lampooning everything wankers ... why not pick a topic ... do a little research (wots that?) and post something yourself ... wot a novel idea?

This is only my (sick of the BS) view ... read the red stuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.