Firstly, I just realised there is a cash prize, so sorry if I...

1. 574 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Firstly, I just realised there is a cash prize, so sorry if I have killed the golden goose. I guess the mods will decide if my gripe is legitimate or not.

Regarding your example of a stock which opens high then drops, yes timing is a factor, but you are still not able to buy the stock today at yesterday's (or last weeks) prices. Your purchase price would be within the stock's trading range for that day as it ALWAYS should be IMO.

Regarding BGS and potentially negative announcements made during a trading halt, yes obviously there is some discretion and skill required in choosing a stock that is coming out of a halt, however IMO not as much as is required to pick stocks that are trending higher consistently. Under the current setup, there is no incentive (other than the cost of brokerage) to buy and hold.

Unless you know otherwise, a TH/suspension seems to be the only means to buy stock below its daily trading range and hence is ultimately THE KEY to winning this competition. If, on a particular day, there is no stock that fits the criteria of being released from TH/suspension prior to 10.30am upon the release of positive news then there is certainly considerable skill in choosing a stock that will rise that day. As you said there is more to picking stocks than JUST those in THs, however, as it stands (unless those trades are retrospectively adjusted), no one without knowledge of this loophole has any real hope of winning.

There appears to be nothing in the rules pertaining to THs and suspensions, only consolidations, and I am not alleging that you or anyone else has broken the rules.
    All the best.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.