I don't support the use of real names where they are visible to...

1. 392 Posts.
    I don't support the use of real names where they are visible to other posters. There are some lunatics out there and most of us could be looked up in the phone book. I only started posting recently because I first registered using my real name and previous HC management would not allow it to be changed. So I watched and read until the new site allowed me to re-register (which means I have two names here of course)

BTW bonkers is easily found by checking the phone book (for those of us who remember his name). Imagine what would happen if he decided to start calling you at home because he disagreed with what you posted- arghhhh. I must admit to having considered physically dropping in and trying to talk him out of his recent behavior but then thought I would only be likely to get myself into some sort of trouble by doing it. He does need someone to discuss this with (but not on the Internet if at all possible)

My suggestions (which have been posted previously) are:

- Limit all posters to a maximum of say 20 posts per 24 hours.
    - Force registration using a "real" email address (ie not Hotmail or equiv). That way (most) of those who have multiple personalities would need two ISP accounts. Very few would still make the effort.
    - Validate the members email address by sending an email and asking for acknowledgement before allowing posting. This would stop invalid email addresses used when registering. Do this approx every 4 months or so ensure people haven't changed ISP's without informing HC. There was a recent request from Pat for a member to contact him. The person said that they could not be contacted by their registered email address.
    - Have a system where a number of votes (say 50-100) could automatically withdraw the posting rights of someone for initially 1 week and progressively longer every time they were pinged. This would be used when someone went way over the top in their posts. The number of (different) members required would need to be fine tuned so that the ratbags didn't have enough clout to vote off the good guys.
    - Perhaps start charging a nominal amount as turkeys are unlikely to pay when there are other sites they can disrupt for free.
    - Let people know how many other members have them on ignore and how many of favourites. Some will realise that if many ignore them they need to change their posts and vice versa. (I currently have bonkers and his various personalities on favourites and ignore. This is so I can see how many posts they make when they are spamming)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.