HotCopper Punters Club Saturday 19th March 2022, page-105

1. 1,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Slow moving train wreck. Agree perhaps not entirely comfortable on the fence nor between horses in the straight. He is not a particularly robust horse and hence not able to push others out of the way. Standing next to Garibaldi in the stalls prior to race and there is a noticeable size difference.

Said to other syndicate members on Wednesday before the race that I did not share their elation at barrier draw particularly given wet track but had to concede that could end up fence behind leader with no real effort - that part worked out but Byrne unable to get going when he wanted. Also suggested after the race that opportunity was there to push up and hold/share the lead without a lot of effort (have watched replay heaps of times but not looked at sectional times) and got shot down by all and a few more. Will stick to my theory as seems no point doing the same thing over and again and getting same result.

Off to the paddock now for a short break, Gollan has in mind just a two run effort with a go at the Weetwood late September with dual purpose of trying to win it but also give the horse a look at the track with the new QTIS race New Years Eve/Day in mind. I believe $750k purse.

Like you had a decent place bet so not a good afternoon!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.