Slow moving train wreck. Agree perhaps not entirely comfortable...

1. 1,062 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Slow moving train wreck. Agree perhaps not entirely comfortable on the fence nor between horses in the straight. He is not a particularly robust horse and hence not able to push others out of the way. Standing next to Garibaldi in the stalls prior to race and there is a noticeable size difference.

Said to other syndicate members on Wednesday before the race that I did not share their elation at barrier draw particularly given wet track but had to concede that could end up fence behind leader with no real effort - that part worked out but Byrne unable to get going when he wanted. Also suggested after the race that opportunity was there to push up and hold/share the lead without a lot of effort (have watched replay heaps of times but not looked at sectional times) and got shot down by all and a few more. Will stick to my theory as seems no point doing the same thing over and again and getting same result.

Off to the paddock now for a short break, Gollan has in mind just a two run effort with a go at the Weetwood late September with dual purpose of trying to win it but also give the horse a look at the track with the new QTIS race New Years Eve/Day in mind. I believe $750k purse.

Like you had a decent place bet so not a good afternoon!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.