HotCopper Punters Club Saturday 24th April 2021, page-16

1. 7,780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    A decision gone wrong originating from the Trainer or the Jockey whoever it was ......big mistake!.
    In the derby and I am talking through my pocket here both starts but in my opinion it didn't stay the distance it was a shot duck at the turn in the Derby after travelling well throughout and having a great run in transit (3rd 4th on the fence).

But no the trainer decides in the race on saturday over 2000 mtrs compared to the 2400 in the Derby last week to change the riding tactics.

After the horse went 200 mtrs on Saturday I remarked to my Mate beside that I have done my money cold.
    Craig Williams, the Jockey, took 1000 mtrs to work that out..............lol lol

Khoekhoe I wish it well in the future without my money riding on it. !
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    From the Stewards Report.................https://www.racingaustralia.horse/PostStewardsReports/24042021RAND.pdf

Khoekhoe –Slow to begin and from a wide barrier was shifted behind runners in the early stages.

Rider CWilliams stated that as notified by the Stewards his instructions were to ride the colt conservatively today as it failed to sustain its run at its last race start in the ATC Derby.

He stated that after discussing the tactics with trainer M Cumani it had been agreed that he would ride the colt conservatively in the early stages to give it the best opportunity to relax and with a view to following the favourite Lion's Roar.

He further stated that after shifting to the rail in the early stages, when positioned to the inside of Lion's Roar, Khoekhoe commenced to race fiercely and refused to settle, resulting in the colt having to be checked on several occasions in the early stages from the heels of Senor Toba.

C Williams stated that throughout the early and middle stages Kohekohe refused to settle at any stage, hung in and from the 1200m took charge of him. He further added as a result near the 1000m he was obliged to shift out and allow the colt to improve around the field to race outside the lead rather than continuing to fight it.

He added that the racing manners of the colt resulted in it weakening in the straight.

A post-race veterinary examination no abnormalities. Stewards will follow up on the post-race condition and future race plans of Khoekhoe
    .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Md

Last edited by Metalduster: 27/04/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.