Alright fellow hotcopper users, as you know we are a diverse...

1. 215 Posts.
    Alright fellow hotcopper users, as you know we are a diverse bunch of people here on the forum.

I love music and listen to as much as I can as often as I can each day...

I thought it would be interesting/educational/mind expanding if we all recommended 5 albums that we thought other members should try and listen to and a bit about why.

Now there are loads of lists and charts etc on the net about the best albums ever/songs you must own etc so don't think too hard about it just put the first albums that you think of or ones that you constantly play.

here are mine but before I put them I must add I was born in the 80s in the north of england so cut my teeth on music in the late 80s early 90s when the britpop/indy scene was massive. They are in no particular order, just five excellent albums that I love.

1, The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses: This album is over 20 years old now and I like it more every time I listen to it my cousins boyfriend bought it for me by mistake back in the day as I asked for a guns and roses album for xmas! I was upset at the time but it changed my musical taste and I associate it with loads of events in my life.

2, The Verve - A northern soul: Second album from them bought after the love their third album which I think most people know of, this album is better I think and Richard Ashcrofts voice is amazing (might be a bit heavy/trippy for some tastes!)

3, James - The best of: Great singalong/ballad album which reminds me of my youth but translates beautifully into adulthood.

4, Spiritualized - ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space: I bought this album on release in uk as it came in a cool tin box, I had never even heard of them! It is strange but good, I think you need to sit down or be in bed to listen too it as takes you on an amazing journey of sound (trippy)

5, The Streets - a grand dont come for free: Mike skinners second album as the streets I thought it was rubbish at first compared to the first but the whole album is a concept and tells a story of a day in the life from start to finish, seen live a few times including in Sydney OZ and the bloke is a great entertainer.

There you go that is my five off the top of my head, strange I know but remember we are hopefully going to introduce each other to some new music.

sorry about the long post and happy listening!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.