I'm just going to put this here with some highlights so those...

1. 5,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2294
    I'm just going to put this here with some highlights so those attempting to understand what the "Voice" means..

Explained: What is the Indigenous Voice to parliament and what would a referendum entail?

Details of the Indigenous Voice to parliament and the wording of the referendum have been confirmed by the Australian government.
    The Voice to parliament would be added to the constitution if successful.
    Any change to Australia's Constitution is a historic moment, as there have only been eight changes to it since 1901.

The Voice would be a national group of about 20 members who are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. This body would be a balanced mix of genders, and include a Youth and Disability Advisory Group.

The Voice would provide advice about issues affecting Indigenous peoples and communities.
    That's fairly wide-ranging, but there would not be any compulsion on the government to listen to the advice if it didn't think it was relevant.

How would the Constitution change?
    The proposal would add four sentences to the Constitution:
    In recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the First Peoples of Australia:
    1. There shall be a body, to be called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice;
    2. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice may make representations to the Parliament and the Executive Government of the Commonwealth on matters relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
    3. The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws with respect to matters relating to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice, including its composition, functions, powers and procedures."
    What will the referendum question be?
    The question for the referendum will be:
    "A Proposed Law: to alter the Constitution to recognise the First Peoples of Australia by establishing an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice.
    "Do you approve this proposed alteration?"

More info on the above link provided..

For me its a big fat

as I browsed this thread, you can see 99.9% are saying "hell no"

but who is listening to the voices of reason really..

As someone who grew up in two 50/50 indigenous towns at the top end of WA for 25 years, I just want to point something out that is very clear..  when you give them a little they take the lot... they are not the smartest of race TBH.. the majority of the voice that is causing issues are those that aren't even full blood aboriginal, most of them are like 1/4 if that.. these are the real trouble makers.. they cry they have been unjustly treated, but they are given more funding and hand outs and opportunity than any non-indigenous family in Australia ... they are mostly bitter and full of hate towards white/western culture, however the majority of them that cause so much trouble are in the cities where they embrace western culture. its hypocritical at its best..  the true indigenous person that cries about the land and nature is living among it, not in the cities,  these are a minority today...

consider Alice Springs and what has been going on there for years..  people will try to blame the government, white people, alcohol, lack of education.. but the facts are simple, they have just as much if not more opportunity than any one in this country to better themselves and be a part of this great country... the majority of them choose hate and rebellion because most of them have no intention of bettering themselves or working, all they want are more hand outs from tax payers money... Im sick of it TBH.. lets bring back true equal rights for all... this is 2023 not 1788...

The Voice will be a nightmare for all.. they will take and take and take... they are not givers, they are takers as a majority because they think they are entitled ... what happened in the past is horrid, but the generations of today should not be paying for it.. they will continue to take land and make laws that suit their race.. I cringe at the person that thinks they are unfairly treated today, go and live among them in their communities and see how they really are, its violent, filthy, disrespectful, filled with hate, ongoing molestations and rape... many of the elders themselves will admit this.. yet you don't see this on main stream media do you...

Racist? that is an annoying word for to me with such a variety of meanings in todays world..  If I say Chinese people make the best Chinese fried rice is that racist, might as well be... I think we are all racist to some level, most of us think Americans are very loud and egotistical, is that racist?, some will say the English whine a lot, so that racists isn't it?, some will say Aussies are laid back and easy going, is that racist?.. some will say Italian men are prominent for being womanizers, is that racist?... point is, culture/races all have good and bad to them, we as individuals can see a culture/race as a majority and judge it accordingly due to common knowledge, in the true aspect of racism due to our judgmental nature we all have levels of racism.. I was bought up with aboriginals, have some strong aboriginal friends still to this day, I will easy sit, eat and drink with them, a couple of them I even use to hunt with in my youth.. but as a majority I know from living among them what they are like as a race in todays world, it is not good.. the hate is real, forgiveness will never abound as from the time they are born they are told white people are the devil... this will not change..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.