hotcopper, we need your help...

1. 5,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2294
    Dear HC,

I’m writing this publicly so that others can feel free to voice there opinion on what I would like to propose to you and HC..

Most self traders along with brokers as well as company representatives at some stage check HC to get an over view of holders sentiments or insights that they may have overlooked. There is no doubt in my mind some are influenced at times to buy or sell according to members inputs, seems ludicrous at times, but it’s a fact of share forums.

As you know HC rates as the number 1 forum of its kind in Australia, however of late I am beginning to notice a substantial amount of meaningless posts (have even found myself at times contributing to this), meaningless posts are starting to over take threads pushing quality posts from well informed experienced traders down the page rapidly. Annoying posts that say things like, : “it looks good today”, “quiet in here today”, “I like it”…. Such posts go on and on and on, and guess what HC, you reward it with a little green icon… Some of these so called top 10 posters in the last 30 days are posting purely to keep there green icon long side there name, yet there input as traders is extremely lacking, at times you wonder how they even survive as a trader…

I would like to propose that HC consider removing the icon for the top 10 posters for 30 days and replace it with an icon that encourages quality posts… I would rather read one high quality post for the day on a thread then 100 meaningless posts that have little or no insight.. So to encourage quality posters why not create an icon that indicates the poster is the most appreciated in the last 30 days, you could easily set this up by providing a link to the thumbs up response… If a poster say gets consistent thumbs up for there posts in a certain time span and they take the lead for quality posts, this I believe would make them very worthy of a icon. This will encourage more intelligent investors, and hopefully limit meaningless posts all for the reward of a green icon that really says “I’m a pest!!!!, I like to overtake threads and dominate!!!!”

Take my opinion/request how ever you like, but it would be awesome for HC to take some sort of action to rid meaningless post’s on threads that relate to companies..

Thanks for listening, understand this was not to offend or belittle any one, I along with a few other are just wanting to lift the quality of HC… Stop encouraging one-liners HC…

I for one will no longer take part in meaningless posts, or respond to such…

I ask sincerely that members that believe and understand what I am requesting here give the thumbs up to this post to bring attention to an on going concern that could easily get worse.

Stay cool peoples

Regards
    Drew

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.