ASX 0.61% $63.77 asx limited

The curtain closes on yet another buoyant years trading. For a...

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    The curtain closes on yet another buoyant years trading. For a few there will always be a tale of woe, whilst many others will have enjoyed a bonanza year. Many a tale will be remembered and passed on as traders gather around computer screens across the land in years to come.

Predicting any stocks movements or a markets trend has become a popular Australian pastime for some, whilst a life driving ambition for others. I personally see it as an intellectual challenge which can be profitable if you are able to adapt to the many changing aspects involved.

Over the years I have seen many Hotcopperites come and go. Current market conditions are attracting record numbers, “Newbie’s” as they are affectionately known or “Monkeys” to others. We were all beginners once upon a time and should be very cautious when throwing stones in glass houses.

Whether you are a seasoned trader or as green as the freshly cut grass, it matters not. The opportunity is here to select any three stocks you see as being the outstanding performers for 2007. This time next year you could be standing on the dais as “Hotcopper’s Outstanding Early Bird Tipster” for 2007.

Simply choose three stocks you think will be the top performers in 2007. Lodge your entry through the “Contact” facility in my blog. All submissions will remain confidential until after the closing date, they will then be posted in the Blowhole and on the forum. Entry’s close at midnight on the 1st of January 2007. I will attempt to update the progress of all selections on a weekly basis with monthly leaders acknowledged within the forum.

Today’s closing prices will be the starting point for all selections. I understand some members will be put off by the prospect of holding the three selections for twelve months, being short term traders. We are focusing more on the stocks growth potential rather than an individual’s ability to trade in this little exercise. So, crystal balls out and selections in Hotcopperites, don’t be shy!

This is for entertainment purposes only. No prizes other than bragging rights will be awarded

A happy and prosperous New Years trading to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$63.77
Change
-0.390(0.61%)
Mkt cap ! $12.36B
Open High Low Value Volume
$63.63 $63.90 $63.21 $18.54M 291.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9 $63.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$63.79 13 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.