Milesg, the funny thing is I am not fundamentally disagreeing...

1. 10,466 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 440
    Milesg, the funny thing is I am not fundamentally disagreeing with you. It may seem that way but I am not. It seems we agree (you have to read my previous posts) that property will come down we don't agree on how much I think, my guess about 15% on average. I say that as some areas perform better than others and that would be my guess.

Outer areas will get a real kicking inner areas in or near the CBD more of a cuff so to speak. We disagree on the duration of a flat period my guess is no more than 3 years due to a combination of factors I have quickly mentioned and a few I haven't. Still we agree there has to be a flat period. That is not to say we don't get another spike as we did after our big property crash followed by another fall and then back to a flat period again.

So on that argument I might envisage a period twice as long as I have indicated above. Where growth on average would be flat but not performance. As to the infrastructure discussion it is easier and cheaper to use or increase the capacity of existing infrastructure then attempt to lay new infrastructure. Mainly because we have reached our limit for now I believe. I am talking area wise in maintaining what we have - the urban sprawl argument I guess.

However the answer is high density living which is a shame but seems to be the way we have to go. The Australian dream of owning a home is dead for now - unless your rich. Hence our state government is determined to cut up large blocks with lovely houses and stick skyscrapers on them...lol. Please note they will end in the poorer suburbs and create more problems. Balga etc were built as they were still well within the boundaries of being able to maintain the infrastructure. BTW did you know I would have sold several hundred homes for people (and too) in those areas?

BTW the Tech argument holds little weight housing is an essential commodity we have to have it. Hence on average prices never go down nor go bankrupt. You can't compare the safest investment in Australia to stocks...lol. Okay that is my only and last nip at you so to speak hehehe. As to most of the other points you have indicated you accept them though not necessarily the way I do i.e. I might put more emphasis on their importance then you do.

The last point I dare get into...lol...is over the right for Aussies to have housing. Simply the 2 class society was always going to happen it could not be stopped so while I might not like it nothing I can do. You just have to make sure you are a have and not a have not. People won't vote anyone out over it because both parties will do nothing about it. And after a while people will get conditioned into thinking it is normal as they are in the US.

That or they make voting non compulsory...lol. Actually it is very serious but that's life. The rich get richer the poor poorer. Anyway without getting into anything else my point is we do basically agree we just have different views on how serious it all is. With the exception of a couple of small issues. I say that so you know I am not trying to pick an argument. I am already set up with a few properties so I don't mind what people think about property.

And before you think I am hear defending myself no I owe nothing, I just collect rent - so I am not going to go bankrupt if property crashes. I just get more rent. BTW are you a first home buyer? Hope I can ask that. And please note - I am guessing you are from what you said, my offer was genuine. Very happy to help anyone in real estate for nothing - provided they are first homebuyers. The others can do their own research. I did it for a few years so not a burden so to speak.

Just let me know what you are looking at (even 3 years down the track) and I will get you all the info from the agent i.e. the stuff they don't tell you...lol. I have to leave soon as no jokes I have to move furniture into my new house. I just got a call the painters are finished but I will be around for another half hour. I say that as I have really enjoyed this discussion just look at the time I am putting into these posts and check out my other posts ...LOL.

BTW good luck tomorrow I hope you make a bundle and sorry if I sound like a pompous twit hehehe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.