Have just received my notice of valuation on one of my...

1. 10,170 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Have just received my notice of valuation on one of my properties and interesting to compare from prior valuations. I noted this on my land tax bill a while back but seeing the official valuation drives home the message.

Value of this land as at ....

01/07/01 $450,000
    01/07/03 $652,000
    01/07/06 $755,000
    01/07/09 $1,240,000

So given the property so called "downturn" especially over the past 3 years the land value of my home has had a huge up trend - and people wonder why the price of homes go up! This increase takes in no consideration of any increase in value of the actual house on the land and reminds me of how and why this property has increased in value during the GFC and why I would be foolish to off load any of my property without careful consideration of how difficult it can be to get back in at the level you get off.

So agents and the like trying to con me into off loading property and saying the value has been stagnant for years and will continue to be ...... I think not.

I have always felt comfortable and solid with property but I also like to be open to reasons to consider when it's time to get out but it's moments like these that a timely reminders that, for me, property fabulous as solid investment and also great to own as a secure place to live by your own rules and own timetable..

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.