Yes, the liquidity part is well known, it's a different type of...

1. 1,995 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Yes, the liquidity part is well known, it's a different type of investment but that doesn't make it a bad investment.

I'm not really clear on what time frame you are speaking of, so not sure how to respond on forecasting. I don't disagree that in the short term there may be some more weakness in RE prices. However low rates are here for probably the next decade or more. I am trying to position for the medium to long term. There was a lot of talk post GFC of "there will be trouble when rates go back up". Well, they never really did, not significantly anyway.
    It's fairly well accepted that the new default setting is a lot lower than the old average SVR of 7.5%. We won't be seeing that again any time soon. The world is hooked on debt. Which may not be good, but it's reality and savers/cash holders will get left behind.

There are always potential storm clouds on the horizon, but mankind always gets past them and moves onwards and upwards. To bet against that is brave.

Interesting article on the almost 400,000 ex pats that have moved home during covid, some of whom are looking to buy property.
    That is a hell of a lot more people coming in than we usually get from immigration. The article is written by RE.com so a few grains of salt required.

But the data does make sense.

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/australians-returning-home-due-to-covid19-could-lead-to-extremely-high-housing-demand/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.