Greg assuming you live in WA by the tag? I think you may have...

1. 596 Posts.
    Greg assuming you live in WA by the tag? I think you may have been referring to WA rather than Australia (yes there is an eastern seaboard :) So a real large real estate boom ??? Mmmm let me think about that ...I think it was some time ago up here in SE Qld and then it manifested itself in many different ways depending on the actual region. My point is that there are so many different factors at play around Australia that it is very difficult to make generalisations. What is happening in the capital cities may not apply to regional centres and factors such as migration, regional desirability, new economic activity etc etc come into play. Up here on the Sunshine Coast the latest news (todays Sunshine Coast Daily http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/jun/16/house-market-tipped-rise-22/ ) is that we might expect a 22% increase in prices over the next three years. This forecast tempered with comment on a flat (but not decreasing) priceline for 2008. Overall its an interesting argument as to which way the real estate market will head in the foreseeable future ...one thing for sure though it will be a diverse market subject to many variables.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.