Chinese investors are definitely looking to invest in Australia...

1. 2,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Chinese investors are definitely looking to invest in Australia properties as an alternative to overheated and unstable real estate market in China and Hong Kong. The money are safer here in Australia. One friend of my a visiting student even trying to convince me to buy a property under my name with her family money. I get a commission of course. But I said no. So price is not a subject for these investors. They just want the money out of the country in a safer haven.
    On the topic of price I thought the general rule is if the rent rate is $400 per week then the price should be roughly $400K. But in many cases the price is $5-600K. So investors buying to rent out will make a loss which they may claim via negative gearing. But if they don't have a job then they can't. So employment rate is a key factor. At the moment employments is very shaky I see people lose job left right and center in IT retails uni. IMHO price will drop at least 10% and unemployment rate will be a tale tell sign

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.