WBC 0.58% $27.52 westpac banking corporation

Even I could have looked good if I was in Rowena's place with...

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Even I could have looked good if I was in Rowena's place with being able to pick the eyes out of 6,000 submissions to put forwards. Fortunately Commissioner Haynes appears to be an eminently sensible person - he knows that the vast majority of the submissions were going to be the same old, same old ... over and over again about people who got themselves into bother and wanted to be bailed out. He also sees that ACCC and APRA weren't doing their job. And importantly, he understands that grinding the Australian financial industry into the ground will place the entire country in considerable danger and therefore will be very measured in his responses. And the banks are not bereft of intelligence in that they will already have new initiatives in place to recover - and rebound as did BHP and RIO et al. I paid $32 for WBC - now at $28. I got myself into that situation and I have to live with it - not go running around blubbering about the nasty stock market. But today's Australia has gotten into the mindset that someone will come along and wipe its snotty nose instead of fixing it themselves. Poor Bugger My Country!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.52
Change
-0.160(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $95.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.54 $27.59 $27.42 $128.8M 4.682M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21391 $27.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 15339 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.