WBC 0.58% $27.52 westpac banking corporation

Housing Crash 2019??, page-188

1. 5,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    your chart does not really address the 'what number of loans are within the last 5 years compared to total of all outstanding loans'; and the problem loans will really be only those taken in the last 24 months; so if we have 90% of loans are way above water - and only 10% under water... will that cause a crash

so, it would be great to see the number of loans and years; of course the majority of loans on the bank books in Australia are not in the last 5 years; but it would be very nice to see what percent they are

I can see the banks having a great way to make some money; the IO loans that reset (after the five years to regular 25 year loans), I bet you anything, the banks will come up with some 'plan' to keep them on the books with some slightly higher interest rate; and the home owner will not be able to say NO

re the 30% investor, that is why I looked at the price increases in the couple of years, prior to this current 12 months 6% slump; so if you are UP 25% and down 6%, you are not in a bad way at all; now if you borrowed 95% of value 12 months ago, then you have a problem; but I dont see a panic dump; but I really just do not know; I expected the panic about 3 or 4 months ago; but this gentle minus less than 1% every month seems quite passive and manageable

the canary may be the Aussie economy; it is roaring right now - so the people who need to hang on to their mortgages likely CAN; but a recession would create havoc; hence, any hint of recession and our 1.5% central bank rates will be down to 1% quick smart

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.52
Change
-0.160(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $95.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.54 $27.59 $27.42 $128.8M 4.682M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21391 $27.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 15339 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.