WBC 0.58% $27.52 westpac banking corporation

your chart does not really address the 'what number of loans are...

1. 5,435 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    your chart does not really address the 'what number of loans are within the last 5 years compared to total of all outstanding loans'; and the problem loans will really be only those taken in the last 24 months; so if we have 90% of loans are way above water - and only 10% under water... will that cause a crash

so, it would be great to see the number of loans and years; of course the majority of loans on the bank books in Australia are not in the last 5 years; but it would be very nice to see what percent they are

I can see the banks having a great way to make some money; the IO loans that reset (after the five years to regular 25 year loans), I bet you anything, the banks will come up with some 'plan' to keep them on the books with some slightly higher interest rate; and the home owner will not be able to say NO

re the 30% investor, that is why I looked at the price increases in the couple of years, prior to this current 12 months 6% slump; so if you are UP 25% and down 6%, you are not in a bad way at all; now if you borrowed 95% of value 12 months ago, then you have a problem; but I dont see a panic dump; but I really just do not know; I expected the panic about 3 or 4 months ago; but this gentle minus less than 1% every month seems quite passive and manageable

the canary may be the Aussie economy; it is roaring right now - so the people who need to hang on to their mortgages likely CAN; but a recession would create havoc; hence, any hint of recession and our 1.5% central bank rates will be down to 1% quick smart

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.52
Change
-0.160(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $95.39B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.54 $27.59 $27.42 $128.8M 4.682M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 21391 $27.52

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.53 15339 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.