WBC 1.40% $26.73 westpac banking corporation

Emma been shafted has she lol ABC now relying on Saul Eslake who...

1. 10,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Emma been shafted has she lol ABC now relying on Saul Eslake who been Mr Negative for years so.he had to be right eventually eh, but imo he got the reasons wrong. I see it as the Bill Shorten ALP lead recession the banks and Westpac are worried about and confirmed by shadow treasurer who has confirmed they going to increase CGT & get rid of negative gearing for businesses which is putting a damper on property prices by reducing demand from Aussies but I figure what Aussies don't buy, then Asians with cash will keep buying without the premium prices they needed to pay previously with competition.

The ALP is probably doing the RBA & APRA a favour and the Royal Commission is now doing more harm to all those who complained and their families and their farming associates too. Imo most of those complaining are hoping to get compensation which most do not deserve as many would have mislead the banks and evidence not yet released used to cross examine.

My experience with Westpac is that they never lent money to anyone as freely as indicated by RC , so I figure there only losses would come from any subsidiaries they may need to sell or already sold. Bank loans are imo still the loan of choice of most borrowers but if the banks are truly tightening up then there are plenty of finance companies willing to.lend at much more and the banks are funding those too anyway, so their growth will come from.Zip money, and others.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$26.73
Change
0.370(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $92.84B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.67 $26.80 $26.54 $216.3M 8.097M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17406 $26.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$26.75 17909 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$26.76
  Change
0.370 ( 1.56 %)
Open High Low Volume
$26.68 $26.79 $26.54 1653204
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
WBC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.