Housing crisis, page-43

1. 47,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    I bought into FBR about 7 years ago. they were full of huff and puff and promises of future deals..... but of course never delivered. I sold 5 years ago (small profit) and I see they haven't made any progress in deploying the tech. a second reason why I sold was the rise of competitors in US and EU, which were getting contracts with a seemingly smarter tech. FBR was behind the rest.

the Govt needs to get smarter than building contractors and Coys. the red tape delays are less of a problem that when all that horrid red tape was removed. we saw the consequences of NSW lack of red tape in the number of new high rise tower appartments having to cost strata owners pay up for repairs to their buildings.

10 yrs to increase housing production? given the difficulties with the CFMEU I'll reserve my opinion on timing. IF the Labs get their fingers out of their rectal orifices and rebuild the CFMEU to be compliant with laws and support their members properly, within legal constraints, they might get moving sooner but I don't expect any difference before the election. this therefore will go hard against the Labs.

but when this same problem is elsewhere around the planet, its hard too pin all of it on either political party. covid was the cause of people moving out of shared homes and into rentals of their own and this is the real cause of increased rental and housing costs imo. sure there are local factors pushing out builders as well as finding builders to build houses, but the real problem is less shared housing.

far out bro.... what a mess the nations govts are in. like Harris, I have little confidence in Labs/Harris or LibNats/Trump.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.