Hey Madamyou wrote;" Those - like me - who do not make any point...

1. 937 Posts.
    Hey Madam

you wrote;

" Those - like me - who do not make any point about absolute levels of fair value for property, have no case that needs making. (Our case is that we don't know) "

Since posting on property you have added some interesting and logical twists to the discussions.

I am in the category of not knowing the fair value of property, over the years I have seen some amazing examples of property defying the my 'logical 'view of what prices should be - I have given up on that.

What I 'think ' I know is that markets like Sydney have incredible upward pressures on property prices through increasing populations, changing demographics, limited realistic supply of land, etc.

The sensible approach for me is to hold quality, in demand, well positioned and funded property in a nice part of that city. The dips and rises don't interest me too much and now it is a case of just holding without any emotional or financial stress at all.

Property is an asset class that I don't get too excited about and can stand back and easily look at the overall picture.

I am not into predicting the short term future of my property investments, like you say, I just don't know and don't pretend to know.

The only case that I will make with any conviction is that owning your own home is a really, really good start to living a financially balanced and rewarding life.

It seems that some of the posters here that rent may not be that comfortable with their situation regardless of protests and assertions to the contrary.

Renting does not make them inferior in any way, it can be a choice or a choice thrust upon them by circumstances. Either way, any inferiority is only sourced in the silliness of their posts and assertions.

Some of your posts have certainly uniquely highlighted some of the more absurd posters in a simple way.

best to all

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.