Housing was cheap for boomers, page-319

1. 18,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 417

Yeah… you do know what a one way conversation means in this context… no reply

I can’t convince you, it was some time ago and I don’t have a copy. If you choose not to take my word not much I can do about it.

So what did the govt say when you contacted them?

Pliserbek is on the record saying she’s opposed to negative gearing and people having multi million property portfolios… she has a multi house portfolio with many millions and negative gears. These people are the liars and hypocrites not me…
    Albo has around 4 houses himself
    Dutton similar

How these career public servants on not great wages can afford these portfolios amazes me and the fact they do nothing to fix the property problem’s doesn’t

Eight investment properties from Brisbane to Gladstone totalling more than $2 million were bought and sold until he stepped down as a director in late 2006.

These days, he counts a glamorous $2.3-million beachfront weekender at Queensland’s Palm Beach among his investments, which records show he bought in 2014.

Perched on Jefferson Lane, also known as “Millionaire’s Row”, the exclusive strip counts surfing legend Kelly Slater and Seven Group Holdings chief executive Ryan Stokes among its residents.

Dutton and his wife are drawing $1500 a week in rent from the Palm Beach property.

His family home in his electorate of Dickson, an acreage estate in the hinterland behind Brisbane in Camp Mountain, is a six-bedroom house with a swimming pool on two hectares, which he purchased in 2003 for $710,000.

He reportedly bought an apartment in the Canberra suburb of Kingston in 2012, then added an investment apartment in The Johnson at Spring Hill, Brisbane, for $629,500 in 2016.

It was bought from Melbourne-based developers Asian Pacific Group (since rebranded as the Deague Group).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.