PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Houthi Tactics, page-3

1. 1,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112

TShirt, I hope you won't mind me analysing what this article suggests but it just seems contrary to all I read.

Yemen is in civil war - initially because Ex-president Saleh joined with the Houthi's in 2014. Saleh brought across half the Republican Guard forces. Those left fighting against the Houthi do so with feeling because the Generals want to fight! Most of the other are marshall out in East Yemen looking after Hadramaut and Hadi does not use them in the civil war fighting. There are clear explanations for all this and its political. Sympathies are in existence and lots of behaviours amongst the army might be considered treasonist.

This is also stated and easily explained contrary to the article: "The Houthis often anticipate the moves made by their foes and respond with deadly force."

Their are at least two Minisiters in Hadi's government (one is the defence minister, one is the Minister of Interior) who align with the Houthi somewhat! It is easily seen that all parties (enemies) would know contacts by phone numbers and they readily talk - how else is it documented that Houthi get their oil etc via the Legitimate army~!!!

This year, Marib opened its door to Houthi inviting them in airbnb style The claim of desertion was not true since even the Legitimate Army claimed it was a tactical retreat. Well funny that since those left (the Saudi's (airforce) and tribes) obviously held them back with less men and resources.

Go Figure.

And where the Houthi cannot get this info they do not win at all. Since the Southern forces are steadily pushing the Houthis back since 2014 why not ask why. These Southern forces are essentially unpaid tribesman trained under the Emirates. Well, the STC do not abide by the Legitimate Army decision making and I would suggest that the Houthi do not get the intel on the Southern forces not of the way they fight.

Go figure.

As for the conclusion this articles ignores the politics. On that alone this article is giving the reader misconceptions . Why is that?

Go figure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.