LYC 0.15% $6.79 lynas rare earths limited

The future contribution of the LAMP is all mixed in with the...

1. 231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The future contribution of the LAMP is all mixed in with the whole Lynas RED business model. I other words, Lynas (a) is digging it out of the ground (b) will concentrate it nearby at the concentration plant, and (c) will completely separarate it into a dozen or so high-purity metals (customised for customers) at the LAMP.
    I have not seen these three 'cost centres' separated out in any publiclly released info (although Lynas would have this,m and would have used early numbers in the decision to have a LAMP rather than just intending to on-sell the mixed metals.) There are some other junior RE companies that are intending to not do step (c) so I suppose we could try and look at how their numbers stack up.

The general business strategy of "adding value" to primary production (in whatever business - cocoa, timber, steel) is widely seen to be where the real money is made (once you have reached the equilibrium of routine mundane regualar production)

Also, the LAMP cap ex is huge compared to that in Aus, so the LAMP really would be a big part of the total picture.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.79
Change
-0.010(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $6.346B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.84 $6.88 $6.78 $12.19M 1.789M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5667 $6.78

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.80 6940 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.