MPO 0.00% 14.0¢ molopo energy limited

how about wcl + mpo qld interests?, page-4

1. 8,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2848
    good morning,
    it's an interesting concept - the merging of MPO and WCL assets.
    I think its clear that Anglo (and almost certainly Mitsui) want out of Dawson/Mungi. Thats why MPO had to drill sole-risk.
    WCL have a contract to purchase Anglo's 50% of Dawson etc. Only Mitsui has a pre-emp to stop WCL. So MPO has missed out on purch Dawson assets. Of course, I guess MPO could say to Mitsui, you pre-emp and buy Anglo's 50% of Dawson, the we MPO will buy the 100% off you at a better price. That would make sense. Because now that WCL has struck a price, MPO now knows what it needs to bid.

I agree, There is no way Anglo would want WCL scrip - or MPO either.

WCL has made noises that it will need to fund the p/price by way of scrip.
    Whilst we may scream dilution, I maintain there is nothing wrong with scrip issuance, as long as the acquisition is value accretive.
    This one will be!
    This is a good purchase. WCL will be getting 3P reserves at 15.6c p/gj (PES got 40c) Plus it gets contracts, 1P reserves, 67klm pipelines (which MPO must also use)etc.

WCL may not need to fund all of the p/p. Quite likely that BG will J/V half. Also possible for WCL to sell pipeline and compressors to someone like APA etc. I recall AOE did it with Braemar. WCL would then not need to issue so many shares.

I agree it is a lay-down-misere(spelling?) that MPO will pre-emp on ATP564 & 602 and PL Sublease. It would then have 100% of those assets.

The problem of value not being recognised in MPO would be alleviated. All Aust CSG assets would be in one coy (WC) and presumably MPO s/h would hold a huge % of WCL.
    MPO would then have the South African assets and Canadian assets.
    Whilst the Canadian assets get all the attention - i think the SA assets are a sleeper. SA desperately needs gas.

The merging of Qld CSG assets only makes sense if the parts make a bigger "whole". If it is value accretive for both lots of s/h, then we all win.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MPO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.