A good long time mate of mine was once a BOM meteorologist and...

1. 13,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    A good long time mate of mine was once a BOM meteorologist and he is a fussy person when it comes to his favorite science....he is so honest it borders on a disability of some type.

At work at BOM he got reprimanded a few times because of complaints he made to the elite levels above.....after he gave up trying to get his immediate levels above him to take action over inaccurate data being submitted from his station and the same behavior across the board.

Just one of the problems I remember him mentioning was thermometers not being shaken down after reading and recording.

This poor procedural is?/was an epidemic and largely creates junk data....what you going to do? official is as official does in this country.

In the end he got forced out of BOM...the standard don't rock the boat or else public service behavior.

BOM would be no different from any other funded authority/qango/ngo.....only ever trust the science from their data if it fist has been vetted from raw to finished report by a independent commercial organization.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.