VAP 0.46% $75.07 vanguard australian property securities index etf

How are people feeling about VAP?, page-17

1. 4,977 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 397
    not the only contributor to the folder. But with VAP there’s no need to monitor the SP constantly.

I have also invested in other property related stocks not exposed to offices or office buildings. They too are trading at significant discounts GDF at something like 40%. APZ is in the sweet spot with a diversified portfolio of predominantly residential accommodation in a number of states. GDF has predominantly industrial property that is rented to large corporations like Volvo. They are also developers.

with VAP, you are presumably buying for the long term with Goodman Group being the largest holding. You are trusting the Vanguard group to choose both the stocks and their weightings, so if you are happy with the exposure to property, you are in good hands. If not, sell !

I have VAP, as a core holding and as a quarterly dividend play, but also hold the other two, for more specific exposure to rental and residential accommodation and warehousing and showrooms and development. They too pay a reasonable dividend, and if interest rates stay or even fall, in their particular area of interest, should show significant upside over the next couple of years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.