COZ 1.33% 7.6¢ commodities group limited

how are they going to get the land, page-45

1. 1 Posts.
    Hi

Interesting discussion going on here.

There is more info on the profitability of Sandlewood at www.avongrm.org.au/nrm_information/sandalwoodinformation/file/at_download. I'm not sure how current it is - however it did have some figures that were concerning - namely that once all the new plantations are estabilished, sandalwood nuts will come down to $5/kg (down from $30-$50/kg).

Also concerning was the payback period on Sandalwood - you really need have them in the ground for 20years before you realise your profit. Although that profit was roughly double that of wheat, it's a long time to wait!

And to get the profit from Sandalwood, you need to harvest it, so it's really not serving as a carbon sink at all.

I'm in SA, where there is masses of land with very low rainfall (particularly in the north). If COZ's mally root will grow there, I'm sure farmers will be very interested.

Have COZ identified getting sufficient land as an issue? Does anyone have figures on what they are paying for land, and what their land shortfall is?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.