What a lot of cocked up nonsense. These people must have been...

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    What a lot of cocked up nonsense. These people must have been living in Cuckoo Land during the period of the Howard/Costello Government, as they have, conveniently perhaps, forgotten the myriad of problems that the LNP had to overcome during its period in Office. A period that commenced with the removal of the substantial Deficit it inherited from the Keating lead Labor Government, for which, amongst many others, I was FORCED to pay a special levy. In case this 'expert' has conveniently forgotten, here is a list of problems that the LNP had to overcome in its period in office:

- the substantial Deficit handed over to the LNP, courtesy of the Keating lead Labor Government, for which, as mentioned above, I with other tax payers, were forced to pay a special levy;

- overcame the fiscal repercussions of the SE Asian Financial Crisis;

- rescued the East Timorese from decades of subservience to the Indonesian and their mercenaries;

-introduced Gun Control in the aftermath of the Port Arthur Massacre, even though a substantially portion of his own constituency were vehemently opposed to it;

- put up with the whinging, over paid and under worked (yes I did know some Ansett 'workers'), in the immediate aftermath of its collapse,just before Howard returned from the USA after the tragic event that occurred on 9/11;

- offered substantial assistance to those Australians who were injured in the Bali Bombing, even though there were some Australians who whinged and whined and tried to lay the blame at the feet of the LNP;

I have no hesitation in declaring that I was entitled to the reduction in my income tax, since I had been forced to pay, for a number of years, a penalty, via a special levy, for Keating's fiscal extravagance in his years as PM.

And, of course this expert conveniently ignores the fact that ,without reductions in income tax rates, all tax payers, because of inflation, are pushed into higher tax brackets, undermining the purchasing power of their remuneration.

Hypothetical diatribe with no relation to reality. That's all this is.

But the Howard/Costello Government could have been more prudent in its last period in Office. Ditto the Labor Government in its period in Office, which, amongst other lamentable decisions, allowed 50,000 illegals to swamp our fiscal shores (not to mention thee pink bats fiscal and moral fiasco).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.