GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hello Andy you are a classic - one funny guy. I believe Timber...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Hello Andy you are a classic - one funny guy. I believe Timber is talking current situation (so correct), I am looking forward (hope correct), hippo from another angle and you from a logical viewpoint (still assessing from my own view).

The UK is AAA rated and as I have said to a rabid poster in the Politics thread - who insists the KPI's indicate all is better than good actually fantastic (ROFL) - the CDO's were AAA rated too.

I am just interested in the technical side so my knowledge runs deeper; Timber knows from the inside and I respect that. Hippo has a different view and I am actually a mate of the President of the gold university (PhilB) so I have interest in what they are teaching at least according to Hippo (just a qualification the data is second hand no belittlement at all).

I have been hearing GDP is strong and yet reports differ. So I looked into it - all accounting tricks and part of the Ponzi scheme as far as I am concerned but I want / need to know how it works anyway. How can I analyze the unraveling otherwise? Would you believe government cash giveaways are 'government spending' and part of GDP and when the money is spent at Harvey Norman it also becomes 'consumption'.

The NBN is off debt book for government as it is an 'investment' so the infrastructure bonds issued are not counted as debt and yet the NBN Co is an 'asset' even though it has returned zip so far (of course). And the $13.5B to be borrowed by NBN Co (owned by us) is not a debt on the government book it is the NBN Co's debt! So we own an 'asset' that may or may not ever make money and yet we don't own the debt. Go figure that one???

No wonder the world is in a mess and I am so keen on gold - and you Andy and many in here too. Trust British Paints sure can (?) but not the bankers or politicians that is for sure. But people in the bank - many are just great only trying to survive and make a go of it.

CW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.