AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

how big is grandes compared to olaroz

1. 4,373 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2712
    Hi

Must be getting close to either an announcement about the Grandes resource estimate or at least an announcement of a delay.

The results from the pit sampling at Grandes suggests that it could be something special (as Bwucey would say). The indications are that it could have much higher lithium and potassium concentrations than Olaroz, and low magnesium and suphate levels. The company itself stated that if the pit sampling is in any way representative then Grandes "could be one of the lowest operating brines in the world".

One thing that I am unclear about however is how big the Grandes prospect is. The lithium has been tested over 60 square kilometres and the potassium is over 50 square k's. But I am not sure how that compares with the size of ORE's Olaroz blocks.

Is it possible that even if the pit sampling results are proved up Grandes will end up being a much smaller operation than Olaroz, or is it possible that Grandes could quickly become the bigger operation. The company says that it may be that some of the Grandes processing could be carried out at Olaroz which suggests that Grandes will be the secondary site.

Any opinions would be appreciated. :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.