CAR 0.26% $35.25 car group limited

How big is the Facebook marketplace threat to Aussie revenue?, page-19

1. 133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Being recently in the motor industry for most of my working career, I can confidently say that Carsales is not going to disappear. The revenue they receive from Motor Dealers is astounding. Each time you click to enquire, they pay carsales a fee. Even the shitty enquiries (no contacts, wrong phone number etc) resulted in us still paying unless we could prove it was worthy of refund. Our bill was thousands and thousands every month.

The quality of advertising on carsales is higher than facebook.
    Carsales also offer a user interface for managing leads for those dealers that dont have their own software. They are a good company and pay their staff reasonably well.

My personal experience when selling cars is mixed. I find when selling quality or high end cars, that I get a much better quality of enquiry from Carsales.
    Through marketplace, I get all the duds and randoms who ask if it's available then you either never hear from again or they offer 50% your asking price just for sport.
    Facebook is good for selling the cheap bangers.. there are LOADS of scammers not to mention half the cars are written-off repairables...

Facebook is good for a little publicity but most buyers are either looking for an absolute bargain or just wasting time.

Carsales and Bikesales is still considered the more professional way to sell, as the duds are weeded out during the advert creation process.

That said, I still use both for buying and selling.
    And yes, I still wish I had bought into CAR donkeys years ago.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.25
Change
0.090(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $13.29B
Open High Low Value Volume
$35.41 $35.56 $35.04 $24.83M 704.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2482 $35.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.26 1582 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.