CAT 1.92% $2.04 catapult group international ltd

How big really is the Prosumer Market?

1. 3,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 299
    When companies stated that they're going to 'explore opportunities' in the medical marijuana space, their share prices go up by at least tens of percent. However, the market has not reacted at all to Catapult's decision to chase after the soccer prosumer market.

I think the market has not really understood how big an opportunity is now available to Catapult. Previously, all that has been said by the company is just 'we will test and explore and plan to move into the prosumer market'. No one really understood the size of the market. Now, the prosumer market is spelled out for us just on the soccer side. And the size of the price is conservatively  a billion dollars! (based on ~AUD300 per device - with team subscription service more expensive and occasional promotions cheaper). The company has not even broached the topic of how big the market size is for Rugby, Baseball, Cricket, etc. Easily, the entire prosumer market is a multi-billion dollar revenue opportunity for Catapult. At that time, we will say goodbye to the $1+, $2+ and even $3+ share price for Catapult!

I think targeting Soccer initially is good considering that World Cup is coming next year, and all soccer fans will be hyped up to try to perform as well as the players in the Cup. It's probably also the largest market in the world. Getting advertisement at the World Cup stage and maybe endorsement from say Cristiano Ronaldo may just be the trigger for massive uplift in the uptake for Playertek.

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 6.52.14 am.png
    Last edited by LightForce: 01/12/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.04
Change
-0.040(1.92%)
Mkt cap ! $533.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.05 $2.05 $1.98 $1.011M 501.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2291 $2.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.04 13309 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.