CAT 1.95% $1.76 catapult group international ltd

prosumer is certainly the long game but will take a few years to...

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 648
    prosumer is certainly the long game but will take a few years to get runs on the board in terms of sales growth.

they did well to take out gpsports.

as for the melbourne group, the spt product looks similar but im sure playertek/ the new catapult launch in later q4 fy 2018 will blow it out of the water and im even more sure that the superior talent and r&d budget of cat will make it the market leader medium term.

i agree its healthy to have a little competition but i dont see spt as a major threat, there is room for 2 products in the market... especially when cat's is the market leader.

the size of this market is impossible to guess, but i believe the upcoming generations of millenials are so tech aware and tech obsessed that they will engage with this product enthusiastically over the mext 3-5 years.

the high profile in-game tv data analytics deals are basically going to be brilliant promotional vehicles for the prosumer offering. any sports fan and athlete who watches their favourite pro team (nba, premier league/ uefa, state of origin origin team, afl team, etc) and sees the real time data feed then sees an ad for a cheap version for themself... it will be brilliant.

only risk i see is the big tech co's eg apple, google, etc embedding their own gps tracking apps into existing devices eg apple watch or iphone, making the wearable cat gear redundant for a prosumer. seems unlikely and if they want to do this, they may just takeover cat to get all their ip and corporate knowledge/ talent.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.76
Change
-0.035(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $459.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.78 $1.79 $1.75 $247.3K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 2130 $1.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.78 3210 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.46pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CAT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.