IOT 0.00% 0.1¢ iot group limited

How can the selfie drone ROAM-e be safe?, page-95

1. 1,375 Posts.
    No one has ever stated that someone has or hasn't died form a drone incident, all things are risk assessed and based on the Risk Assessment you have likelihood and consequence to give you the outcome and then the individuals appetite and perception of risk.

I will use cars as an example as most people know what they are and their role in the everyday world (you may not be older enough to drive one, but maybe in the future).
    There are approximately 253millions cars currently on the roads and 1.3million die each year and a further 20-50million are injured from vehicles, which sounds incredibly huge. Think about that, 1.3million people die from vehicles each year, a mass produced product that we use every day , I think that is incredible and it is huge, but now lets look at it how the manufacturers look at it. Deaths by vehicles for make up about 0.45 % of the vehicles on the road, now think of that for a second, 0.45% that is pretty good odds that YOU WILL NOT die form a vehicle related incident and most car manufactures believe that people will take that risk based on the likelihood of the risk matrix and the individuals risk appetite and perception of risk, and you wouldn't believe it but there gamble has paid off in the billions of $$$.

The first pedestrian to be killed by a vehicle was in 1896 when it was being driven recklessly at six(6) km/h and yes 120 years on we have made them faster then ever and more on the road then ever.

There will be incidents with drones as there are with tv's, xboxes, radios, phones, cars etc and no one will deny that or should not deny that but before you start plastering crap over a thread as a scare tactic please do me and all of HC a favour, walk away from the computer, talk to your mum and ask her is it is a good idea after 10mins if you still feel it is a sensible post and you mum says it is ok, then please feel free to post.

If you want to make yourself useful, tell me the % of deaths / injuries against the number of drones currently used in the world, and ensure those statistics do not include military use of drones where they are intended to kill targets.

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.