VAN 0.00% 4.7¢ vango mining limited

how cheap is ord.

1. 5,302 Posts.
    lets forget the LAOS project which in itself is a company making project after the PFS is completed and resource increased.

lets forget the recent JV which will see ORD pocket 3 million and Gram stump up 10 million for drilling copper Flats next year.

Today Japan's Itochu Corp stumped up $345 million for a %15 stake in the Maules Creek coal project from Ashton Resources .

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/city-beat/aston-confirms-345m-japanese-deal-for-coal-project/story-fn4xq4cj-1225967491277

It contains JORC Coal Reserves of 356 Mt with a mix of semi soft coking and thermal coal.

Ashton is aiming at 10.5 million tonnes from 2015.

now lets get this right if I may.

CCD is currently producing about 800t of coking and thermal coal.

CCD will be producing 5mpta by 2013-2014

CCD have a jorc resource from two deposits that is on par and even better than Ashton Resources.

CCD is 70% semi soft coking and 30% thermal

Itocho are paying $345 million for 15%, Ord is paying $40 million for 10%

although Ashton will be producing double the amount of coal than CCD.

If my numbers are correct.

Itochu Corp paid $346 million for 15%

Lets take away the 5% which leaves us with a purchase price of $328 million

So now Itochu Corp and ORD have 10% equity in their respective projects.

Since Ashton will produce double the amount of coal than CCD, we will divide the $328 million divide by two = $164 million

So now Itochu Corp and ORD have a 10% stake in a project that will produce the same amount of coal 5 mtpa.

Give CCD a few extra credits($$$$) since they are already producing circa 800 tpa.

If my eyes are not deceiving me ORD are paying $40 million for an asset that today was valued at $164 million in a similar transaction.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, Laos, Copper Flats JV, and Coal deal.

ORD is damn damn cheap....

regards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.