ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

how clean is ect?

1. Dis
    3,746 Posts.
    I understand the economic of ECT re: turn brown coal into black coal equivalent with a price advantage to black coal.

When if first read about ECT this seemed like part of the clean coal solution. On thinking about it (in particular the franchise model they are going for) are there any environmental advantages?

Scenario 1 - Coldry vs Black Coal
    Companies will license ECT technology to manufacture Coldry. ECT will charge royalties / other fees. Company will sell Coldry at market rates - presumably similar price to Black coal. Company will pocket any profit. Will Coldry burn any cleaner than black coal? How ill Carbon be reduced?

Scenario 2 - Coldry vs Brown Coal
    Using the current situation in Victoria, I have seen people quote 10% of the brown coal can be substituted for Coldry. This will reduce CO2 somewhat but why aren't brown coal stations already doing this with black coal? If they aren't doing it now, why do it with Coldry?

What incentive is there to convert a brown coal station into a Coldry station. They would have al ready examined the case to use black coal and rejected it. I'm assuming Coldry will be priced similar to black coal (my assumption - correct me if im wrong).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.515M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $3.469K 1.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
46 19513067 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11596834 27
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.57pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.