ASX 0.47% $59.97 asx limited

how close are we to another war

1. 1,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 231
    Hi crew,
    Dont want it to happen and are sure if it does, we are all going to feel the pain..

here's a little snippit from a read this morning..

......As the rhetoric grows more strident, a U.S. military official in the Gulf likened the U.S.-Iran standoff to the buildup in hostility in Europe before World War I, when the assassination of the heir to the Austrian throne triggered a tragic war that engulfed a continent.

"A mistake could be made and you could end up in something that neither side ever really wanted, and suddenly it's August 1914 all over again," the U.S. officer said on condition of anonymity, because of the sensitivity of the issue. "I really believe neither side wants a fight."

I am doing International Relations at uni at the moment.. and follow whats happening round the world with interest.. as as stock trader, I have a vested interested in this as well...

If the US and Iran have a go..
    Gold?
    Oil?
    Markets?

just thrown this out there to get some minds going on it.. I am not in to debating the pro's and con's of why it is going to happen and if it should happen..and wiether the USA is a big bad meany...

What I would like to know is the effects you think it will have on our trading and the commodities markets...

If I was to put it on a scale of 1-10... at the moment it is tipping towards 7 1/2 that there is going to be something happen with this..

What ya think?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.