how come this guy isnt running the country..??, page-49

1. ape
    409 Posts.
    Lets lift the bottom with sustainable and repeatable solutions and let the top worry about themselves.

i have a medical practice of which at its peak had 10 employees professionals and office staff

I employed casuals and part timers as well when overly busy

I am semi retired now have one full time personal assistant and earn more now than at any other time during my career as I actually spend all of my time billing hours.I also only work 3 days per week down from 7 days a week.

Every time I let one of my employees go it was a torturous event because not one employee actually resigned over my lengthy career.We became like a family.

Interestingly enough if I was only interested in making money rather than the lifestyle and self determination my career has provided I would have been better not having any employees at all.For over 25 years I worked 7 days a week and earned less than a number of my employees who worked a maximum of 4.5 days a week.

So to cut a boring tale short ...No one goes into business wanting to make less than their employees but unfortunately due to the nature of business employers often make next to nothing.Have a look at big business ...owners making a small dividend from profits (if there is one) and CEOS make millions.

Labour have always wanted to lower the ceiling to even things up by taxing big earners and businesses more and more .They always have knuckled the big earners.They have always used the UNION resources to harrass the employers and make it hard for the employer to operate without regulation.Interesting to note that the lost days due to staff/ employer conflicts are over the last 12 months is the highest in a decade. How does

capitalists feel the that it is better to raise the bottom and let the top look after itself.So the problem isnt that the CEOS make big money surely because those with a lot spend alot.Hence the home is often a source of wealth for the domestic assistance type workforce ...gardners cleaners pool fixers spa businesses etc bigger houses built bigger more expensive cars etc

Why give a ceo a hard time for their wages ...makes no sense.

We need to lift the bottom as we have seen so often over the last decade by employment assistance efforts from govt , hand outs for having babies OMG ,home loan grants for first home buyers, employment agencies(just ask the rudds about where they got their millions from ...yes thats right govt money for their employment assistance business), apprentice gvt handouts to employers , assistance to employers for long term unemployed and so on etc....

The cash handout is bs as it is not sustainable...only do things that are sustainable and repeatable such as a tax break , reduction / elimination in capital gains taxes or raisng tax thresholds would be ideal.

the perfect way to lift the bottom is to raise the tax threshold so that for eg no one pays tax until they start to make $20k...this is repeatable , sustainable and something people can budget on.It also means pensioners can get part time jobs and not affect their pensions

In WA we have a rediculous tax called payroll tax...OMG gimme a break.Just imagine if employers didnt have to pay this tax they would probably hire more employees ...For example a firm with 50 employees would save the equivalent of 2 employees wages....

Imagine the savings and the increased employability if a rio or BHP didnt have this stupid tax.

Just a few ideas.

but due to way small businesses operate owners are definitely up against it.They cant operate at any scale unless they have employees but in a lot of cases such as mine it is more profitable to operate alone...a lot of general practices are in similar situations and many wonder why there is a shortage of providers.

Businesses are often only in profit once they sell the business and in alot of cases you cant sell or there is no one to buy the business.

finally after all my blabbering... which ever way your political gradients it is a good idea to provide the bottom with a way to climb up the ladder ,let the ceos be guided by their employers , stimulate the bosses to employ more by reducing impediments and giving hope to the owners of actually having the ability to make more $ than their employees.

goodluck and remember without the vision of employers the country would be at a standstill. Be nice to your boss he needs you but eventually he will sack you if things dont work out for him , whether you are good at your job or not.I did.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.